Optical Motion Analysis for Research
BTS SMART DX is the new generation of high-precision optoelectronic systems that confirms BTS's world leadership in the development of advanced motion analysis solutions.
A new standard for advanced motion analysis
With SMART DX, BTS extends the investigative capacity of doctors and researchers, providing them with a line of high definition systems characterised by extreme calculation power and exceptional versatility. These features make the DX line able to handle all the analysis needs, even under the most critical conditions.
All the DX versions are based on new-designed digital video cameras that use highly sensitive sensors and innovative, functional illuminators whose high radiation power, combined with the high resolution of the video camera (up to 4 Megapixels), increase the working volume and allows for capturing extremely rapid and imperceptible movements.
BTS SMART DX represents an evolutionary leap in the development of multifactorial motion analysis, now made more accurate, integrated, quicker and more productive.
The system integrates, synchronises and manages all kinematic, kinetic, electromyographic and video data in real time as it is obtained from connected devices such as force platforms, electromyographs, sensor-fitted treadmills, etc..
Designed for use in research, sport and medicine*
Advanced software for multifactorial motion analysis. It allows for protocols customization for a complete motion analysis by means of an innovative object-based interface. All graphic and multimedia reports can be configured as needed and can be printed out, exported or shared over the internet.
This software allows for the analysis of all sporting movements in order to better investigate and improve athletes' performance, optimising training, preventing injury and guiding rehabilitation programmes. It includes predefined analysis protocols dedicated to various sporting disciplines such as football, golf, cycling, tennis and baseball. SMART-Performance also allows for the acquisition and assessment of any sports movement by the athlete and equipment, thanks to the high TVC's acquisition frequency (up to 2 kHz)
Solution devoted to the clinical assessment of human movement. Based on protocols validated by the international scientific community, it is a powerful, advanced tool allowing for the simultaneous analysis of the movement of the entire body and individual body districts thanks to the high acquisition resolution (up to 4 Megapixels).
Precision, speed and accuracy
- Precise and accurate marker identification
- High frequency acquisition up to 2000 Hz
- Resolution up to 2048x2048 pixels
- Real Time processing of data collected
Quick and easy calibration
- Quick calibration (requires less than 180 secs.) also where the TVCs Field of view is partially obstructed by obstacles
- Calibration of multiple volumes and different dimensions
Use in critical light conditions
- Functions without any loss of precision and accuracy, even in environments with critical lighting conditions
- Automatic elimination of reflections due to the presence on the scene of metal objects such as treadmills or walking frames
- Can be used outside under the direct sunlight (playing fields, athletics tracks, etc.).
Native integration with analogue devices
A single workstation includes all the technology needed for data acquisition, processing and analysis.
Up to 80 analogue channels are available for the connection and synchronisation of signals from:
- electromyographs with analogue outputs
- force platforms
- sensor-fitted treadmills and cycle ergometers
- haptic devices
Data synchronisation and integration
All the kinematic, kinetic, electromyographic and video data is synchronised even in the event of long-lasting acquisitions. The data acquired is sent with an associated time stamp. The system correlates all the data received and records it on the timeline.
Specific uses for biomechanical motion analysis
- BTS SMART-Analyzer
- Advanced software for multifactorial motion analysis.
- BTS SMART-Performance
- Solution for the assessment and improvement of athletic performance.
- BTS SMART-Clinic*
- Solution devoted to gait analysis and the assessment of movements of the body districts.
For expert researchers, hardware and software accessories are included for the direct control of the system and integration with third party systems:
SDK for access to 3D data in real time, trigger events management, external synchronisation clock management, kit for isokinetic dynamometers.
*Not for sale for medical use in U.S.
BTS SMART DX is available in 4 different versions with different performances designed to meet the differing motion analysis demands. All models use the new IR high-efficiency illuminator with a wide range of action.